EnStream was established in 2005 by Canada’s three largest mobile network service providers – Bell, Rogers and TELUS – to help build and support the developing market for mobile-based digital services and payments. In 2016, Enstream began development of a pilot project to deploy GSMA Mobile Connect technology for Canadian mobile subscribers to allow simplified, user friendly log in for online services.
- Canada does not have a unified or prevalent digital identity infrastructure where users could use a single identity to access various e-government, commercial or health services
- Users are very conscious about privacy and demand easy-to-use and secure solutions
- The GSMA Mobile Connect provides a global, federated and privacy oriented authentication solution relying on the mobile device as the authentication token
- Ubisecure and our partner MePIN provided EnStream a Mobile Connect compliant authentication solution that uses a smartphone based app to authenticate users
- The smartphone app is easy to deploy, register and use. Registration requires less than a minute and authentication utilizes very convenient methods from a simple “click OK” to fingerprint biometrics
- Exceptional customer experience and seamless brand experience increase customer adoption and retention