Position reports to: IT & RapidLEI Platform Manager
Location: UK – Remote or Office based (Maidstone, Kent)
Ubisecure is an established digital identity provider headquartered in Finland with offices and operations in Sweden, Germany, UK & USA. In addition to its industry-leading identity management software, in 2018 Ubisecure launched its RapidLEI service to issue LEIs (Legal Entity Identifiers). Since its launch, RapidLEI has established itself as the world’s number one LEI issuer.
Due to continued expansion, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced SQL Database Administrator to manage and develop our SQL Database platform used for the RapidLEI service.
Responsibilities – What you’ll be doing
- Ensure the stability, integrity, security, and efficient operation of the RapidLEI SQL Server infrastructure.
- Work with the product owner and development team bringing new features to the platform.
- Ensure the platform is optimised for performance – for example, ensuring SQL stored procedures and queries are optimised.
- Provide Technical Support in troubleshooting of performance or availability issues of the RapidLEI environment.
- Advance your knowledge of the LEI ecosystem to enable you to understand how RapidLEI benefits our customers and communicate with internal stakeholders.
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, tuning, and prediction.
- Manage Backups and Restores.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity testing.
The candidate is expected to be familiar with the core Microsoft server technologies, including Active Directory & Windows Server, and cloud technologies, including Microsoft 365 & Azure – preferably with Microsoft certifications.
- 3+ years true experience in:
- Installing and supporting Microsoft SQL Server (versions 2016-2019)
- Proficient in T-SQL
- Experienced in SQL Server internals (locking, consistency, recovery paths, replication)
- SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Ability to QA and advise of best practice to SQL code and own release cycles from UAT to Production
- Windows Server (versions 2016-2019)
- Excellent performance monitoring and troubleshooting skills
- Monitoring of systems and applications using automated tools
- Scripting knowledge applicable to a Microsoft environment
- Familiarity with secure working practices
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Microsoft .NET development experience or understanding of .NET Framework development process
- VMware or other virtualisation platform experience
- PowerShell scripting
- Active Directory
- Azure IaaS & PaaS
- General IT experience
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Microsoft 365
- Internet Technologies – DNS, SMTP etc.
Ubisecure is an inclusive employer, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply to work with us, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation/identity, religion, disability or other status.
- We are the Nordic CIAM provider and have our sights firmly set on becoming the European Leader.
- We are the world’s #1 LEI issuer.
- We are backed by global investors who are committed to supporting growth.
- We are a great team of fantastic individuals, where everyone can make a difference to our customers, to our products, and to the standards that define the identity industry.
- We offer a high performance yet supportive work environment, led by an experienced management team and a board who have delivered corporate growth many times before.
- We are committed to delivering an attractive working environment and package that grows with your contribution. We also believe that all staff should share in the success of the company growth.
Ubisecure provides identity management software and services to help companies reduce identity data breach risk, improve operational efficiencies, and improve user experience. We were founded in Europe in 2002, and have since successfully delivered hundreds of Customer Identity & Access Management (CIAM) solutions to our loyal customer base.
Our belief in the value of organisation identity, as well as individual identity, led us to launch our Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) issuance capability in May 2018 under our RapidLEI brand. RapidLEI is a cloud-based service that automates the issuance and registration of these highly assured organisation identifiers. Two years after launch we became the global #1 issuer of new LEIs – a position that we hold to this day thanks to our unparalleled technology innovation and global partner network.
Our CIAM business unit has development, operations and people headquartered in Finland, with local offices in the UK, Sweden and Germany. Our LEI business unit is headquartered and operated from the UK.
We now provide strong organisation identity for >85K organisations, and provide identity management for millions of customers and employees. At Ubisecure we empower organisations with modern identity-driven ecosystems that make deploying, managing and using strong online identities easier, safer and more private.
View more information about working for Ubisecure and other open positions here.