Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Finland, Helsinki area (preferred)
Position Purpose & Overview
Ubisecure is looking for a seasoned and skilled hands-on Senior Software Engineer with passion to deliver high quality software to join our product development team in Finland. We expect you to have a long and solid background developing scalable web applications using modern, agile methods and the ability to provide input to every phase during the software life-cycle.
You have the ability to move things forward and share your knowledge to the rest of the team. It is essential that we work as a solid team solving problems together and sharing information. You understand that all projects need to work together to make a seamless platform.
We encourage people to continously learn; We have a recurring Development day – self focus time which permit you to familiarize to whatever you feel helps you to succeed in your daily work.
Ubisecure’s core focus is Customer Identity and Access Management, thus we consider it as a huge plus if you have worked with some modern protocols and solutions like OpenID Connect, OAuth2, Identity Management, SAML2 or on SSO systems. Knowledge on these technologies will help you quickly dive into the new software service that Ubisecure is building for its customers. However, we are sure that quick-learners will be able to get up to speed from the start!
Ubisecure is an inclusive employer. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to work with us, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation/identity, religion, disability or other status.
What will be your responsibility:
- Examining and defining current and future architecture systems
- Designing scalable architecture systems for cloud native applications
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle in Agile development teams
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code for frontend, backend and infrastructure
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Troubleshooting design flaws and system bottlenecks, also related to AWS and DevOps tools
What we offer:
- Open environment where innovation, learning and actions are encouraged.
- Super-exciting new development projects without legacy components holding you back.
- Close knit team of intelligent colleagues working to solve complex problems together.
- Competitive salary with additional benefits, plus ability to benefit from the success of the company.
- Freedom to choose your tools – macOS, Linux, Windows, whichever works for you.
- Past > 5-10 years working in demanding web application projects
- > 2-5 years in Senior position working with cloud-native application development
Keywords: Typescript, React, NextJS, NestJS, HTML, CSS, Linux containers, Kubernetes, Docker, Podman, microservices, REST APIs, GraphQL, Yarn, Git, Github, CI, CD, IaC, Terraform, Pulumi, Linux, AWS.
Ubisecure was founded in 2002 as a European identity services provider with a vision to enable digital business by creating a web of trusted connections between digital services, devices and identities on a global scale. Our dedicated team of professionals have unparalleled vision, knowledge and experience through the successful delivery of hundreds of Identity & Access Management projects to our loyal customer base. Our Identity Platform helps companies of all sizes solve identity management problems by helping them increase customer engagement, provide better services, reduce customer care costs and enable new business models.
In 2006 we delivered our first Customer IAM solution to support IAM functionality like Privacy by Design, Web Single Sign-On, Self-Management and more, but optimised for large scale b2b or b2c use case. We also determined that the true value of Customer IAM would be where the business drivers of customer experience, operational efficiency, security & privacy and meeting regulation would interplay, and these discreet areas have driven our Identity Platform and product development decisions ever since.
Base 10 Ventures acquired the Ubisecure in 2016, and in 2018 we were thrilled to partner with London based Octopus Investments as a growth capital investor.
Our Management team are highly active in driving the new standards that underpin the emerging identity ecosystems. We have development, operations and people headquartered in Finland with remote team members in the UK and highly committed global investors and strategic partners.
We now support hundreds of organizations manage their millions of customer and employee identities, policies and identity related services. At Ubisecure we like to think we empower organizations with modern identity driven ecosystems that make deploying, managing and using strong online identities easier, safer and more private.
And by doing all that, we enable true digital business.
View more information about working for Ubisecure and other open positions here.