Identity & Access Management Content Library
What is Mobile Connect?
This whitepaper is an introduction to Mobile Connect, a GSMA initiative for global and federated identity services provided by the mobile network operators and utilizing the ubiquitous mobile device as the token. Globally there are already over three billion Mobile Connect enabled users and in some market areas Mobile Connect has become the de-facto standard for online identity.
In this whitepaper, you will learn:
- Basics of Mobile Connect – the actors and how it works
- The business value of Mobile Connect to Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) and Service Providers
- Which technology components are necessary for a successful Mobile Connect deployment
- Issues that fall outside of the protocol itself to make your deployment successful
- How Ubisecure’s Identity Gateway provides the ‘glue’ between the MNO and Service Provider to process authentication and authorisation requests as demonstrated by the Canadian Mobile Connect Commercial pilot.
This whitepaper is an ideal introduction to real world implementations of GSMA Mobile Connect and perfect for any MNO or Service Provider stakeholder exploring mobile customer experience initiatives.